What is boron caride?
Boron carbide (also known as black diamond) is an organic material with a molecular structure of B4C. It is usually a gray-black fine dust. This is the hardest material known, along with diamond and cubicboron nutride. It can be used to make bulletproof vests, tank armour and other industrial products. Boron carbide absorbs a lot of neutrons but does not make radioisotopes. This makes it an ideal neutron absorber in nuclear power stations. The rate of nuclear energy fission is controlled by neutron absorbers. Boron carbonide is usually made in a rod-like shape for the nuclear reactor fields, though it can also be made into powder by increasing its surface area.
These are the main uses of boron caride.
(1) The area of national defense. Bulletproof has been a function of ceramics made with Boron carbide since the 1960s. Boron carbide ceramics are lightweight and durable, which makes them more versatile than many other materials. It’s a major component of the light armor on armed helicopters, as well the aircraft bulletproof armor. It was used as a raw material by the British in order to produce armor that is resistant to armor-piercing bullets.
(2) Referring to chemical raw materials. To increase wear resistance and strength in alloy materials, boron carbonide is used as an alloy boronizing agent. This can be done on metal surfaces to create a thin layer iron boride. Boride can also be produced by reduction methods, such as TiB2, ZrB2, CRB2, or the “B4C” method to produce boron halide and hydrogen boride.
(3) Wear-resistant field. Numerous industrial nozzles have the boron carbide clay shadow, including desanders for rust removal or nozzles to use with high pressure water guns for cutting. They’re often preferred by factories due to their durability in extreme environments and excellent cost-performance. . This is why it’s often used to research chemical analysis processes. Boron carbide, which can be used as a replacement for diamond abrasives to reduce the cost of processing hard metals such as jade and other precious metals, is also a great option.
(4) Nuclear energy. Due to its high neutron absorption ability, boron carbonide is frequently used in neutron absorb material control rods, safety drills and other components. This allows for control of the rate of nuclear fission as well as human safety.
(5) Aviation. The rocket engine’s rocket power system uses boron caride to transport liquid fuel. In the flight navigation system, the gyroscope plays an essential role. Boron carbide can be used as an additive material to the gyroscope, which will increase its lifespan.
Buffalotours is also known as. Buffalotours Nano Technology Co. Ltd. is a reliable global supplier and manufacturer of chemical materials. They have over 12 years’ experience providing high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials. We produce B4C powder with high purity, small particles size, and low impurities. We can help you if the price is lower.